Shh...Did you hear that? It was the sound of my priorities shifting.

15 June 2007

At camp!

Wow. It's been ages, I know. The past month went by crazyfast. AerLift happened and was lovely. We made a lot of money for our charities and my performances went quite well. My parents even came out to see the shows and were they were rather impressed with me! Yay! My costumes looked great too (thanks to Chrissymine and Skorstad). Anyway, the whole thing was great.

Chrissymine graduated just last weekend! She now has her MFA in Costume Design and she's walking around all proud and relived, making people call her "Master" and stuff. It's funny. I'm SO PROUD of her I could just explode.

But then it was like time sped up or something. All of a sudden there we were, Chrissymine and me, on a redeye to camp, hurtling toward daylight. And now we're here on our first full day. The rest of the counselors don't get here until Tuesday and the kids don't arrive until a week from Sunday, but we have a lot of preparation to do before everything really kicks in, so it's good we're here early. I haven't actually been down to the circus lot yet even though I've been on camp for about 24 hours. It's always nervewracking, that first walk down there. Stuff breaks over the winter and the guy who sets up our fly rig sometimes forgets and leaves things undone, so I have to go down and survey the damage, if there is any. Hopefully everything will be fine.

Chelsea isn't with us this year, unfortunately. I made a huge error in judgement that ended with us choosing a Delta flight only to find out a few days ago that Delta sucks and wanted to charge us a total of around $1000 to take our dog to and from camp. I could have avoided this outcome if I had done all of my research two months ago when we bought the tickets, but I didn't and now we're here without her. Our friend/angel Skorstad has her in Seattle for the summer. What we did to deserve friends like that is beyond me, but she's a lifesaver.

So that's my update for now. Not terribly exciting, I know, but that's how it goes sometimes. Today is a big day for physical and emotional adjustment. I think I need one more night of sleep before I truly feel like myself again. I hope to be good about blogging this summer, but I said the same thing last year on my old blog, and I ended up writing maybe three times the whole summer! Maybe this year will be better because I know people will actually read it!

Down to the circus lot with me to see what I can see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and the lady arrived in one piece! Your presence is already missed :(
Enjoy your summer!
k