Shh...Did you hear that? It was the sound of my priorities shifting.

22 February 2007

What What?

I had kind of a weird day. It was one of those days where I had to return graded papers to my students, so of course that meant I was up until 6am frantically finishing them after not having budgeted my time appropriately over the past several days. Lack of sleep had me fighting through my day all tired and foggy and nauseous and I accidentally went to pick up some equipment from Classroom Support Services that I'm actually not supposed to check out until next Tuesday (it's written in my planner! And I still went on the wrong day! The CSS people were like, "Um...we have on our records that you are coming to pick up the DVD player for that class on the 27th?" And I whip out my planner and am all, "Ooohhhhhhh yeahhhhhh. You're right. See you next week!" Whoops). Then I committed an academic faux pas later in the day that I don't want to go into right now. It's totally fine now, but I felt like a jackass at the time.

Anyway, here are some things that reached through my fog and made my day:


  • The weather was gorgeous AND I saw my first cherry blossoms of the season.

  • I caught myself getting cranky with a poster hanging in the student union building and totally cracked myself up. The poster was for some recycling program and said in big letters, "Get in the game!" and before I even realized I was looking at the poster or what it was about, I thought, "YOU get in the game," and then I realized what I was doing and started laughing. I have no problem with recycling! Or games! It was such a needlessly cranky thought that I couldn't help but be amused!

  • I spent my (student-free, for today) office hours catching up with Television Without Pity and The Stranger, both of which had me laughing to the point of tears.

And, of course, there's this:

Just try not to laugh. I dare you.

No comments: