Shh...Did you hear that? It was the sound of my priorities shifting.

27 June 2008

Music through the Trees

The kids have been here for almost a week already and session one is in full swing. I've got seventy five kids in the show, and five intensive kids who light up my days.

The weather was very bad, but now it's better than we would normally expect in first session. Outside my door the sun is setting brilliantly and I can hear my friend Zippy playing guitar and singing through the trees between her cabin and mine.

Chris may have broken her foot. We'll know in the next day or so. She has a walking splint/boot thing and she's on crutches. It's kind of a bad scene. Good thing her staff is fantastic.

My staff is too.

Oh, and I caught a kid the other day on flying trapeze. That was the first catch since the one when I hurt myself last summer. It feels good to be back in the saddle, so to speak. The memory of my injury still looms large, however, and makes what's going on with Chris even more poignant as I can totally relate to her frustration and anxiety.

More later...

No comments: