Shh...Did you hear that? It was the sound of my priorities shifting.

03 March 2008

Hell no! I won't go!

So I'm seriously contemplating putting together a hunger strike/sit-in/flash mob in protest of my looming 30th birthday. Because, seriously? I didn't think I would ever live to see the day (I'm not morbid, just willfully ignorant) and I refuse--REFUSE, I TELL YOU--to accept it. Somehow most of my friends have already passed this milestone, and every time I mention my anxiety about it, they are like, "SHUT! UP!" Which does not help at all, really.

In other news, what is WITH all of the women out there wearing tights as pants? Tights as pants are allowed in certain situations, sure (ballet class, aerial class, while running, biking, etc.), but NOT in 90% of public venues. Okay? Cover yourself, ladies! I'm embarrassed for you!

Hey! Ever participated in something that brings you a lot of joy only to have it ruined by the other people who take part in it, too? Am I hinting at something? Maybe I am and maybe I AM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, which ariel be-oych is f*ing up your joy? I kick his ass (or hers)

Katie

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, have you got any further with Trapeze School in Seattle idea? Write me, let's make it happen! David

dagganzo@yahoo.com