Shh...Did you hear that? It was the sound of my priorities shifting.

25 September 2007

Pretentious Fiction

I couldn't see the setting sun from the other side of the trees, but it was, indeed, setting as evidenced by the gradually shifting color of the sky, warming before cooling again and then fading to black. From where I sat, alone on a splintered wooden bench, I imagined I was feeling everything that could be felt. But it was a lie. I felt nothing. The longer I sat, the darker the world became, the more I wondered if it was real, this new idea...that trust is never absolute. How can it be when it is merely a human construct and humans are inherently fallible? Trust, it seems, was made to be broken. And these nebulous "feelings" we all talk about were apparently only made to be hurt.

2 comments:

nickhellrung said...

HeY! That was freaking amazing! But, are you okay? You need to call me! I never get any updates!

viclops said...

Wow. You put in words so eloquently what I thought could never be communicated in writing. Regardless of the extremely short amount of time that we have know each other, (and "knowing" is a even a stretch here), I am glad that you are back.
And about that condescending chick you wrote about in your previous post, what a sad, sad life she must lead.